The 2019 Michigan Counties Annual Conference, “People and Places,” will be held Aug. 18-20 at the Grand Traverse Resort in Grand Traverse County.
More than 300 county leaders and others are expected to attend this year’s event, which will include:
- Three plenary sessions featuring addresses from Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (invited), MAC Executive Director Stephan Currie, incoming MAC Board President Veronica Klinefelt of Macomb County and more.
- Fifteen policy breakout sessions on trending topics ranging from the tips on hiring in the 21st century and the Open Meetings Act, to electric vehicle tech and trends in Michigan’s economy. (See the Attendee Registration Packet for details.)
- The annual President’s Banquet, with after-dinner entertainment from “Jasen Magic.”
- Two receptions with complimentary beverages and snacks.
- Regional caucuses to fill five seats on the MAC Board of Directors
- The annual MAC Business Meeting, during which members will approve our policy platforms for 2019-20.
- An Exhibitor Show with dozens of vendors that provide services of use to counties big and small.
For complete details, please review the Attendee Registration Packet.
Or you may begin your registration process immediately at our online conference portal.
This will be the largest gathering of county leaders in Michigan this year! Don’t miss out!