MAC Jobs Hub
Gladwin County — County Administrator
Gladwin County (pop. 25,279) in north-central Michigan is seeking a County Administrator.
- Reports to five members of the County Board of Commissioners elected from member districts. The Implements all County policies as directed by the Board
- Carries out the directives and policies of the County Commission using sound independent judgment
- Enforces all directives, ordinances, resolutions, regulations of the County Commission, and the applicable provisions of Federal and Michigan law to assure execution
- Supervises, directs, and controls all County administrative departments (including but not limited to Human Resources, Accounts Payable and Payroll) excluding those under the direction of elected and appointed officials
- Educates County department and division leaders regarding management, budget, financial, administrative, and related policies. Establishes regular leadership team meetings to discuss and evaluate compliance with adopted and approved policies
- Implements and enforces administrative operating procedures, rules, or guidelines; Maintains complete documentation of all administrative orders, rules, and regulations which are consistent with the County Code and policies approved by County Commission
- Establishes accountability measures for all County operations and collaborates with leadership team to manage period analysis of efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university (master of public administration is preferred)
- Prior experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Progressively responsible local government experience at the executive level of Administrator, Manager, Deputy Administrator or Assistant Administrator for a county or municipality is required
- Expertise in local government, strategic planning, budgeting and personnel management is also required
- Experience developing long-term strategic plans is required
- Expertise in overseeing complex budgets and leading or participating in the budgeting process
- Ability to lead in crisis situations and establish crisis management procedures
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership abilities
- Technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new software and technology tools
Salary: DOQE; county offers an excellent benefit package
How to apply:
To apply for this job, submit your resume (and other documents, see below) in a sealed envelope to: Dr. Karen Moore, Chairperson, Gladwin County Board of Commissioners, 401 W. Cedar Ave., Gladwin, MI 48624. Email submissions will not be accepted.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and names/phone numbers for three professional references. Please indicate “Application for County Administrator” in the subject line. Candidates must meet the qualifications listed above to be considered.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Posted: Jan. 14, 2021
Adams County, Wis. — County Manager/Administrative Coordinator
Adams County, Wis. (population 20,220), a historic, full-service county amid the rolling hills of scenic central Wisconsin, is seeking a County Manager/Administrative Coordinator.
- Leads a progressive organization of 300 FTEs
- Oversees a budget of $57 million
- Reports to a 20-member governing body
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or related discipline required (master’s degree preferred)
- At least 8 years of administrative management and/or financial experience required
- Prior municipal or county experience is highly valued, as is status as an ICMA Credentialed Manager
- Well-developed collaborative skills
- History of a team-oriented management style
- Experience in budgeting and finance
- Demonstrated skills in managing capital projects
Salary: $120,000 to $130,000 +/-, DOQE; excellent benefit package
How to apply:
Apply electronically with a resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references to Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions may also be directed to Charlene Stevens at 847-380-3240.
Adams County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: Feb. 12, 2021
Posted: Jan. 10, 2021
How to post a job
Send an email to Derek Melot, email@example.com, with your ad as a Word attachment. Please be sure to include:
- Summary of position
- List of required and preferred qualifications
- Salary range and other benefits
- Details on how to apply
- Deadline to apply
MAC charges $75 for a posting of up to 30 days, which comes with promotion via our social media channels. Once an ad is posted, MAC will send an invoice for the fee.