MAC Jobs Hub
City of Adrian — City Administrator
The City Commission of Adrian (pop. 20,423, www.adriancity.com) is seeking a highly professional, ethical, energetic candidate interested in serving as its next City Administrator. Adrian is a stand-alone, full-service organization providing police, fire, planning/development, assessing, water/wastewater utilities, engineering/public works and administrative services.
- Serve as Chief Administrative Officer, reporting to an elected board consisting of a separately elected Mayor and six Commissioners
- Responsible for a $33 million budget and leadership of 122 full-time employees
- Responsible for appointing all administrative officers, except the City Attorney and City Clerk (the Clerk is subordinate to the Administrator except for duties related to the Commission)
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in leadership positions demonstrating unquestionable ethics in a community of comparable complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, human resources or related field (a master’s degree in public administration, business administration or a related field is strongly preferred)
- Team-oriented leadership style with knowledge of and practice in collaborative management concepts, regional coordination, strategic thinking and use of innovative practices and techniques
- Creative, problem-solving approach with strong follow-through and well-developed interpersonal, teamwork and oral/written communication skills
- Residency in the city is preferred
Salary $110,000 to $122,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Apply online here with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references to the attention of Ryan Cotton, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 616-638-8910.
Deadline: June 29, 2020
Posted: May 26, 2020
City of Flint — Finance Director
The City of Flint (pop. 96,500) is seeking a seasoned municipal finance professional to join the administrative team of newly elected Mayor Sheldon Neeley. This position is ideal for the professional who is committed to making a difference.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting or related field required (master’s degree in business administration or public administration or CPA preferred)
- Five years of financial management in complex organizations and previous management experiences at supervisor or director level
Salary: $95,000 to $110,000, DOQE
How to apply:
Submit resume, cover letter, consent form and five professional references to:
Email: email@example.com, with subject line of “Flint Finance Dir Search”
Mail: Michigan Municipal League
ATTN: Flint Finance Dir Search
1675 Green Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Deadline: Open until filled
Posted: May 1, 2020
City of Windsor Heights, Iowa — City Administrator
The City of Windsor Heights, Iowa, (pop 4,860) seeks its next City Administrator. Windsor Heights is a full-service city located within the Des Moines Metropolitan Area. Located adjacent to downtown Des Moines, Windsor Heights offers a high quality of life, excellent schools, and access to all the amenities of a metropolitan community. The next City Administrator should be a creative problem solver committed to teamwork and professionalism with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Windsor Heights has a general fund budget of $3.2 million, with all funds totaling approximately $11.5 million; the city has 30 FTEs.
- Windsor Heights recently approved a Local Options Sales Tax and is undertaking increased investment in capital infrastructure.
- The City of Windsor Heights also has opportunities for redevelopment of its commercial areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy or related field (MPA preferred)
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a senior management role
- Experience developing and administering budgets, including capital budgets
- Ability to mentor, lead and develop staff
- Previous experience with economic development, particularly redevelopment
Salary: $115,000 to $125,000 +/-DOQ; excellent benefit package
How to apply:
Candidates should apply with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Windsor Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Posted: April 28, 2020
Michigan Association of Counties ― Director of Financial and Administrative Services
The Michigan Association of Counties, a nonprofit association representing Michigan’s 83 county governments, is seeking a Director of Financial and Administrative Services for its Lansing headquarters.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director is responsible for the bookkeeping, human resources and other administrative functions for MAC and its Service Corp.
Essential job functions:
- Acts as organization’s bookkeeper
- Responsible for all financial records on accounting software
- Prepares trial balances and financial reports
- Processes all inbound and outbound checks
- Pays invoices (with approval by Executive Director)
- Handles all accounts receivable functions
- Compiles dues invoices and exercises some purchasing direction
- Assists Executive Director in preparation of annual budgets
- Maintains staff personnel files, payroll records and leave time records
- Handles HR duties such as updating the employee handbook, explaining benefits to new employees and aiding new employee orientation
- Oversees clerical support staff, office equipment and supplies
- Handles state reporting and bookkeeping for association’s political action committee and for association’s lobbyists
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related experience (CPA or MBA preferred)
- One to three years of experience in bookkeeping
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software
- Highly attentive to detail and efficiency
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to travel in-state on occasion
Compensation: $60,000 to $70,000, DOQE; excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance and 401(k) plan
How to apply:
All interested candidates should forward cover letters and resumes to Executive Director Stephan Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open until filled
Posted: March 9, 2020
How to post a job
Send an email to Derek Melot, email@example.com, with your ad as a Word attachment. Please be sure to include:
- Summary of position
- List of required and preferred qualifications
- Salary range and other benefits
- Details on how to apply
- Deadline to apply
MAC charges $75 for a posting of up to 30 days, which comes with promotion via our social media channels. Once an ad is posted, MAC will send an invoice for the fee.